Book: Cities For People

Hi guys, today I'll talk about a book of architecture, "Cities For People" of Jan Gehl. 

The book is a type of guide or manifesto of  the architect Jan Gehl about to the cities.

This book is so interesting because the book tell about the Human dimension and that the Cities scapes of this dimension, Gehl tell to good examples of the human cities and give the  tips or tools to make a human city. In detph, the book speaks about the uses of the space and how the current cities don't make a development of the public space, the city forget the importance of the human places for the residents, also; Gehl talk about the cities isn't cities because the structure of the modern cities is a superposition of the island builds, he explain that the builds needs to answer with the environment for created a real city.

Gehl talk about that the vehicle has a most important rol than the human dimension, because the actual tendenses gone to minimize the rol of the human space as point of meeting  of their residents. He explains how to develop cities that are lively, safe, sustainable, and healthy.

I like so much the order of the text but I considered that Gehl makes a great tools for the human cities but the vehicle is important in  the evolution of the cities too, because if the persons use the vehicle for a great form it isn't so destructives.

Comentarios

  1. I like to read book like this, because I can look and learn many things about of citys and urban planning.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. The urbanism is a topic where you can make a lot of books, I definitly agree with this autor when he mention that vehicle has a most important rol in our cities, wish it was different, but opinions changes depending of the autor as a person and as a architect

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

My styles of Haircut

A job I would like to have in the future

An activity I like to do in my free time